Tick tick tick tick........Time management
So the weather has finally broken and the spring and summer event/wedding seasons are upon us. Here are a few tips you can use to help manage your time and planning:
- Know your Goals- So you’re engaged; now it’s time to start planning your upcoming nuptials. If you were not born with a silver spoon in your mouth, then you need to set a firm budget and stick to it as closely as possible.
- Prioritize- Begin by creating a checklist and placing your most urgent projects at the top- such as finding your venue as soon as possible because they tend to be booked out at least two years in advance for the more popular ones. From there, follow an order of importance making your least important priority last.
- Plan Ahead- Jumping in head first without knowing what you are doing can mean treading in dangerous water. You need to take time to think about exactly what your wants and needs are for your special day (you could even separate the wants from your needs). Be clear and remain focused on the big picture.
- Distractions and Delegation- When you’re in the middle of a task that is of dire importance, try to remain in that moment and avoid any distractions that may occur i.e., constant phone calls, text messages and anything else that takes you away from completing your schedule. When distractions become too much, don’t be afraid to delegate some of your projects to people that you trust and you’re confident in, that they can handle the pressure as well and get the job done.
- Spending- When planning a wedding, all of the thrills & frills run through your mind like a kid in a candy store. It’s at that moment that you need to stop yourself and watch your spending. The cost can skyrocket in an instant and you may find yourself having to cut back on things that you may have really wanted. Keep in mind this is your wedding day and you want everything to be perfect, but you also have to keep those purse strings in check.
- Self Care and Clarity - During this high pressure time, you have to also remember to give yourself time to relax your mind and body. Self care and mind clarity is just as important as planning your event.
- On the other hand, if all else fails, hire a planner. Event/Party/Wedding planners are an insurmountable help that can be your saving grace. They can help take away the stresses that you may face and bring all of your ideas into complete fruition, making your special day or event a memorable one and more.